Maureen offers calligraphy and handwriting workshops, as well as private and semi-private lessons.
Scroll down after the class descriptions to sign up to be notified of upcoming workshops!
You can contact Maureen to inquire about private lessons, or to schedule a private workshop for your friends or organization. The price per lesson is based on the technique you would like to study, the length of the lesson, and if you need Maureen to provide the paper and supplies.
“I enjoyed the class very much. Maureen showed that she really cared about her students learning. She was open to receiving questions and tried her best to answer them. Maureen exhibited a quiet, humble confidence and sweet sincerity. She was very prepared and well organized. – Susan Little”
October 28 – Modern Calligraphy Beginner’s Workshop!
MODERN CALLIGRAPHY is all the rage now!
You see it everywhere — on wedding invitations, hand-addressed envelopes, art prints, chalkboards, signage in your favorite craft store, and more.
If you would like to learn how to write in this creative, whimsical style, then join Maureen Vickery, a professional calligrapher and hand lettering artist, as she teaches the basics of MODERN CALLIGRAPHY using pointed pen. No calligraphy experience is necessary to attend!
During this 3-hour class you will learn:
- the characteristics of modern script
- proper techniques for using your tools and supplies
- detailed steps on how to write each letter
- how to change elements of your writing to create new styles
- how to practice (after class is over) to achieve the results you want
Supplies (included with the class):
- 1 hand-turned wood oblique pen holder (better quality than the $2 Speedball pen holder most other instructors offer)
- 2 pointed pen nibs
- small jar of black ink
- modern script alphabet exemplar (shows how each letter is formed)
- handouts to take home – instructions on how to write each letter of the alphabet, plus the details covered in class so you don’ t have to take extensive notes.
After the workshop is over, you won’t be left on your own! Students can email Maureen at email@example.com to ask questions about modern calligraphy and to receive one free critique (after practicing a few weeks first!).
Sign up to be notified of future classes!
If you would like to be notified when Maureen is offering calligraphy or handwriting classes, please fill out the form below!
IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP: After submitting your information, you will receive an email with a LINK that you MUST click to verify your opt-in. Otherwise you won’t be added to the list!
Penmanship does not have to be a lost art!
Join Maureen Vickery, a professional calligrapher and hand lettering artist, as she teaches you how to make your handwriting legible, beautiful, and a joy to write!
After class, you can join Maureen’s private Facebook group “Handwriting Masterclass for Ridiculously Good Looking Letters” where she will demo handwriting and answer questions on Facebook Live, so that you can keep practicing along with your fellow classmates! Practicing only 10-15 minutes a day will make a huge difference in your penmanship skills!
During this 3-hour class you will learn:
- how letters are formed for optimal writing speed and legibility
- proper writing ergonomics
- the rules of attractive, legible handwriting
- how to change elements of your handwriting to create new styles
- how to practice to achieve the results you want
We’ll use the Italic alphabet as the foundation for practicing proper penmanship. This alphabet has been around since the Renaissance, and it’s incredibly versatile. It looks beautiful either printed (unjoined letters) or cursive (joined letters).
You’ll receive a packet of practice worksheets as well as a resource listand tips for further study. All supplies will be provided. However, if you have a favorite fountain pen or gel pen that you’d like to use during class, feel free to bring it!
A bonus for taking this class is that you will learn fundamental calligraphic principles that will give you lots of “hooks to hang things on” should you decide to branch out and take calligraphy classes later on!